A downloadable game
Physical copies available now.
Dethroners is a complete adventure game of weird fantasy and shifting narrative control for 3 to 5 players. One player is the Divinity, intent on solidifying their power and crushing a nascent rebellion. The others are Renegades, bold souls who seek to liberate the world. As the Renegades score major triumphs, they tear pages out of the rulebook, claiming the Divinity's powers for themselves.
Those powers reside in ten Titles, each of which represents authority over an aspect of the story. The Wilderheart governs events and encounters in the terrifying wastelands pockmarking the land, for example, and the Whispersmith spreads rumors for the Renegades to pursue, while the Endbringer determines the stakes for the final confrontation.
As the Renegades seek to usurp more Titles, the story develops dynamically while the Divinity uses Plots and other stratagems to keep the Renegades at bay. It all leads up to a final confrontation to decide the future of the world you’ve created together.
- A competitive map-making RPG in which players wrest control of the GM's narrative powers.
- Strategic yet collaborative gameplay with evocative narrative prompts.
- Encounter tables suitable for use in any weird fantasy RPG.
- Step-by-step rules for our innovative Titles system: learn as you play.
- Character sheets, rules reference, and map template included.
- Optional campaign rules for multi-session games.
- Trash wizards, the Hell-that-Wanders, and the old king's floating head.
40 pages, 3-5 players. You'll need a handful of 10-sided dice, some tokens, and 2 to 3 hours to tell a complete story of revolution, adventure, and weird magic.
A game by Jedediah Berry and Andrew McAlpine
Illustrated by Khaled Khlifi
Edited by Emily R. Houk
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Can't afford a copy of the game? Please take a community copy, no questions asked. We'll add more copies to the pool as follows:
- 1 for each full-price purchase.
- 1 additional for each tip of $3 or more over the regular price.
- 2 for each physical copy purchased via Ninepin Press.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.